New version of Java as Java 8 released by Oracle in March 18, 2014. In java 8 many new features are introduced.
Releasing Java 8, main intention is makes programmer life easy-
- Simplify the programming (Readable, maintainable and concise code)
- Utilize functional programming benefit in java.
- Enable parallel processing in java (To utilize new generation multi-core processors).
So in this article we are going to discuss main and frequently used java 8 new features.
Introduce Java 8 enhancements
In java 8 programming language following given below new useful features are introduced:
- Lambda expression
- Functional interfaces
- Default methods in interface
- Static methods in interface
- Pre defined functional interfaces
- Method reference and constructor reference by using double colon (::) operator
- Stream API
- Date and Time API (JPDA API)